WHAT IS WOOCOMMERCE AND WHY IS IT POPULAR?
WooCommerce is an e-commerce plugin for WordPress. It allows customers to quickly and flexibly construct and run an online store. It includes various essential features for an online store, such as shipping integration, secure payments, inventory management, order tracking, and customer engagement.
WooCommerce is a fantastic alternative for people who wish to establish online stores on their websites. Beginners who aren’t familiar with coding or website creation can benefit from its low difficulty levels. WooCommerce is currently the most widely used e-commerce plugin for Shopping or Ecommerce Websites. Integrating it can also provide significant SEO benefits.
WooCommerce currently powers more than 99 percent of WordPress e-commerce sites in the US, UK, and Canada. With millions of active installations and more than 27 million downloads to date, WooCommerce is certainly the inspiration behind countless webshops.
Why Is WooCommerce So Popular?
The main reason why WooCommerce is widely used is due to its ties to WordPress.
WooCommerce also has thousands of paid and free themes and thousands of plugins that let you extend your store.
Here are some of the other reasons why WooCommerce is a popular way to build an online store:
- Both WooCommerce and WordPress are free.
- WooCommerce is open-source, meaning that any developer can audit, modify, or extend the code.
- WooCommerce is beginner-friendly, and you don’t need to become an expert developer to create a store.
- WooCommerce is flexible, as you can add all kinds of functionality using plugins. This does not need any coding skills.
- WooCommerce is responsive and works well on all devices.
- WooCommerce is secure.
How to Set Up a WooCommerce Store?
The four step process is simple: go to your WordPress dashboard, select “Plugin Options,” search for WooCommerce, and download the plugin to your WordPress site. Then, the Setup Wizard will walk you through the quick and easy process of creating your online store.
Why Choose WooCommerce for Your Online Store?
1. WooCommerce Is Modular - WooCommerce is a feature-rich modular framework. Retailers creating e-commerce stores can significantly benefit from the use of both WordPress plugins and WooCommerce extensions. These plugins and extensions can help retailers construct more flexible stores by seamlessly enhancing their existing ones’ functionality. Its modular form also makes it easier for a community of developers to create extensions and add specific functionality. Which is challenging to do with monolithic systems.
2. WooCommerce Is Familiar and Easy to Use - WordPress currently supports millions of sites, and you’ve probably used it before. As WooCommerce is a plug-in for WordPress, past users will have no difficulty figuring how to use the ecommerce platform. Even if you don’t have prior experience with the popular CMS (content management system) it’s incredibly user friendly and has an intuitive user interface.
Overall, it’s easy to see why WooCommerce is such a popular ecommerce platform. It’s affordable and simple to use, but can make any web store look highly professional. The fact that it’s so customizable also means you can make your shop stand out from the crowd and better promote your brand.
3. Easy Payment Modes - It’s important for your customers to have options when it comes to paying. If they are familiar with a system, or find they can pay easily they are more likely to complete the checkout process. WooCommerce includes Paypal and Striple as standard which provide a range of payment options. However, web store owners can choose from a large number of other payment gateway extensions to add to their WooCommerce store. There is also no limit so you aren’t tied to one option. When it comes to accounting there are also several extensions available to make bookkeeping easier.
4. Equipped With Nearly All the Features for Running an Online Store - Out of the box, WooCommerce is packed with all the features you need to run a successful online store.
Here are some of those features:
- You can sell any product or service.
- It allows you to add product attributes, tags, and categories.
- It allows you to add product reviews to your products.
- It allows visitors to your store to filter products by type of product, star rating, overall popularity, and more.
- It allows you to integrate multiple payment providers like PayPal, Stripe, and credit cards.
- It is very easy to customize the layout using themes.
- It allows you to extend the functionality of your store using plugins.
5. Shopping Cart Is Feature-Packed - The checkout process is very important in any WooCommerce store as visitors can often abandon their carts during checkout. Therefore, this section needs to be designed well to make the process as seamless as possible.
Here are a few of the cart features included in WooCommerce:
- You can add multiple payment gateways.
- You can enable geolocation to calculate taxes.
- You can allow guests to checkout without creating an account.
- You can force secure checkout.
- You can redirect visitors to their cart once products are added.
We hope this article will help you to know about the woo commerce. If you want to make an e-commerce platform and looking for an Ecommerce developer in Dubai then risians technology is the best place to get an e-commerce web design service.